Search This Blog

Thursday 25 October 2012

How To Prove 1=2 Mathematically

How To Prove 1=2 Mathematically

Here I would like to share a fun kind of thing, which is not really incorrect, but that is also not correct. Think how can it be possible, that 1=2. If it is possible, are you going to give me your $2 in exchange of my $1. Obviously not. But that can be proved mathematically and I would love to share this trick with my readers. I think you will enjoy.

I also want to challenge, if you could prove this wrong. As I am dead sure, there is nothing wrong, but again how can be 1 = 2.

Suppose,
x = y --------------------------------(1)
so           x2 = y2

if we delete  from both side, there is nothing wrong in equation.
x2 - y2= y2 - y2--------------------------------(2)

or, by algebraic factors, we can write the above equation as
                (x+y)(x-y)= xy - y2  (from equation 1, y could be replace by x also, so y2=xy)
Or           (x+y)(x-y)= y(x-y)
Or           (x+y)=y(x-y)/(x-y)
Or           x + y = y
Again from equation (1) , x could be replaced by y, so the above equation can be also written as
                y + y = y
or            2y = y
If we divide the left hand side and right hand side by y
Then      2y/y=y/y
Or           2=1

Now It’s a challenge for you to prove this wrong…









No comments:

Post a Comment